Sunday, March 23, 2014

Mary Kay Makeup 2-in-1



Ahhhhhhhhh. I first wanna apologize for my temporary leave of absence. I have been so incredibly busy these past few weeks and lost track of my priorities there for a sec. I really have no idea how time has flew right under my feet and I have so many exciting things planned for you guys! So to make up for it, I am giving you a 2-in-1 look. If you did not already know, I used to sell Mary Kay Cosmetics. Some people think of it as old lady makeup, but they totally have some pretty legit stuff. I wanted to create a look using ALL their products because they get under credited here in the blogging world. It's just so sad. I made my own palettes to keep my shadows and blush (comment below if you want to see how I made them). All of MK's eyeshadows and blushes are magnetic and designed to fit in their custom palettes, which are awesome if you need makeup on the go, or if you are a person who likes to touch up throughout the day. But for storage purposes, they just take up too much room in my acrylic drawers. So anyway, enough about that, let's jump into what's really important.


1. The first look is a very easy, girly look that will brighten your face and is a perfect "day time" look. 



1. After priming apply "Pale Blush" Creme Shadow to the lid as a base.
2. With eye drops or MAC Fix+ spray brush and apply wet "Precious Pink" on lid.
3. Add "Hazelnut" to the crease blending well.



4. Apply "Sweet Plum" to the crease
5. Add Brown Liner to your preferred thickness.
6. With an angled brush, add "Espresso" over top liner.
7. Apply "Sweet Plum" to lower lash line, blending out with "Precious Pink"
8. Highlight Brow Bone & Tearduct with "White Lily" & "Crystaline"



Other Products Used:
MK Foundation Primer
MK Timewise Liquid Foundation Beige 1 C/O
MK Concealer-- Beige 1
Anastasia Brow Wiz + Brow Duo Powder
Blush: MK Bold Berry
MK Mineral Foundation for setting powder in Ivory 0.5
Lips: MK Pink Parfait


** Tip: Lightly sweep "Crystalline" or "Moonstone" over top cheek bones as a highlight.





2. The second look is a gold smokey eye that can easily be played up for a more dramatic look, and is also wearable for daytime. Gold hues compliment nearly every eye color so here ya go.



1. Start by priming the lid with Mary Kay Eye Primer (one of the best).
2. Take "Hazelnut" and apply to the crease in windshield wiper motions.
3. Using MAC Fix+ OR eyedrops, wet brush and apply "Amber Blaze" to the lid. With that same brush apply "Crystalline" to the center of the lid.




4. With a blending brush, softly apply "Chocolate Kiss" into the crease.
5. Add "Espresso" to the outer V
6. Add black liquid liner and lightly dust "Amber Blaze" over top the liner.
7. Apply a thin line of "Espresso" to the lower lash line and blend out with Amber Blaze & Pencil brush
8. Mix "White Lily" and "Crystalline" and apply to the tear duct and brow bone.
9. Finish with Ultimate Mascara


Other Products Used:

MK Foundation Primer
MK Timewise Liquid Foundation Beige 1 C/O
MK Concealer-- Beige 1
Anastasia Brow Wiz + Brow Duo Powder
Blush: MK Cinnamon Stick
MK Mineral Foundation (for setting powder) in Ivory 0.5
Lips: MK Sunset Lipstick + Melon Sorbet

Want to vamp it up a bit?
Add "Sienna" to the crease instead of "Chocolate Kiss" and apply "Coal" in the Outer V instead of "Espresso". Keep the solid black liquid liner and add a sassy wing. Pop on some Rock N Red Lip Gloss and you're officially Diva-fied.

See? Mary Kay isn't all granny. If you are interested in Mary Kay products and do not have a personal consultant, click HERE. Lisa was my director when I was still in MK, and is an awesome consultant (plus she is pink caddy owner!) She is amazing and will help you out no matter the distance!

What are your favorite Mary Kay products?

xo.






5 comments:

  1. perfect :)

    www.littlejenniworld.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Mary Kay. My sister and mom are both HUGE fans! I love their translucent powder and their eye shadows. Seriously they are my favorites!

    http://www.cecosmetics.com/

    ReplyDelete