Thursday, February 6, 2014

How To: Stay Flawless ALL Day



Ya know that phrase "Look like a girl, Act like a lady, Think like a man, Work like a boss?" Well unfortunately for us working ladies, we have a hard time maintaining that "look like a girl" thing. We can all agree that we sometimes look like monsters by 5pm when our makeup has run off our face from "working like a boss" all day. Here's a list of must-haves so you can walk out that office after 8 hours and still look like princess!


With Your Initial Makeup Routine, Add:



Mattifying Gel (for us Oily Skin kids)


Eve Pearl Anti Shine Mattifying Gel $24.00


Eve Pearl's Anti Shine Mattifying Gel creates a barrier over your skin making it harder for oil to pass through. For a long night out, or days when I wait tables, I do need that extra mattifying touch for oil control and will pick this up to use. I truly do love love love this product and significantly notice a difference when I use it. You could walk straight out of a sweaty club after 5 hours and STILL look flawless with this product. And that, is a statement I swear by!



Buy HERE (or Amazon)


** Always remember to use a primer!! Eye primers especially prevent your shadows from creasing, ensuring they last all day!



Waterproof Top Coat Mascara



Anastasia Lash Genius $21.00


Certain mascaras have a tendency to flake off after a few hours, some more than others. But that doesn't mean you should have to sacrifice your favorite lash products because they end up on your cheeks half through the day. I, especially have problems with this because my bottom lashes are longer than normal. Anastasia's Lash Genius is a clear waterproof top coat to apply on top of your mascara. In fact, almost any waterproof mascara can serve the same purpose. I am so drawn to this one though because I love the fact I can use my favorite mascaras, and then add the top coat without any clumping. Waterproof mascaras have a bad rap in that they are extremely difficult to remove. It's only difficult to remove if you're only using soap. Makeup remover takes it off with ease so don't be intimidated. 


Buy HERE


-----------------

After Your Makeup, Add:


A Setting Spray


We've all heard "Grandma's Trick" aka using hairspray on your face to set your makeup. While this is rumored to work for some people, I personally do not like walking out of my house as if I just got a bad, stiff botox injection. So as of lately, I've been loving Ben Nye's Final Seal Spray ($7.00)

I kid you not, when I first heard of Ben Nye (from Kim K's banana powder frenzy) I seriously thought this was a makeup line from the Science Guy... So finally I googled it one day only to realize that was Bill Nye, not Ben. Don't judge!! I'm sure you thought that too, it just rolls off the tongue.


Well anyway, I was in search of a good setting spray because I just ran out of my Urban Decay All Nighter Spray, so I was opting to use MAC's Fix+. Don't get me wrong, I love my Fix+ for more than just a setting spray, but I was curious to see what else was out there when I stumbled upon Ben Nye's Final Seal. This setting spray is apparently used by Disney Princesses, but that just may be a gimmick. After reading tons of reviews I decided it give it a go and though it slightly has a mouth washy odor to it, I believe this spray is every lady's saving grace. It truly keeps my makeup in place & really helps my T-Zone area from becoming oily.

** I bought mine off Amazon, but just be careful. Know the 2oz bottle retails for around $7, so don't get cheated out by paying much more than that!! Most the websites that sell this add outrageous shipping so I looked around until I found a reasonable price.


MAC Fix+ HERE


Urban Decay + Other Setting Spray options at Sephora HERE


--------------------------------


60 Second Touch Essentials to carry in your Makeup Bag:







Shine Control/Translucent PRESSED Powder- Powders can set your foundation creating that flawless "look", but it can fade over time as your skin produces oil. If buying from the drugstore, like Neutrogena's Shine Control Powder, it will come with a powder cloth for an easy touch up, otherwise, throw in a mini kabuki brush or similar applicator. 


Mascara- obviously a necessity! Anytime I get mascara samples I throw them in my makeup bag.


Cream blush- As I'm not a fan of cream blush for initial application, you can apply with your finger, as opposed to carrying an unnecessary brush with you. Just a light dab of blush can freshen up the face.


Waterproof Eyeliner- A good eyeliner will stay on all day, but anything on the waterline will inevitably disappear because of how much moisture is produced in our eyes. A quick swipe on the waterline will make your lashes look more full, and make your eyes look more 'finished.'


Brow pencil- I hardly feel the need to touch up my brows since I've been using Anastasia Brow Wiz, but it's there just in case I decide to take a nap on my hands and wake up with wack brows. Ain't no one wanna see that.


Lip Color- Whatever shade I chose to wear for the day I throw in my bag, but sometimes as I'm rushing out the door I forget. Keep a tinted lip balm (like BabyLips) in your bag so you always have a little something! For some reason I always tend to forget about lipstick crayons when choosing a color for the day so  I also like to throw these in the bag (ex Revlon Colorburst, or Tarte Lipsurgence). 


----------------------------

>>> Keep Note:::: Better quality products will of course stay on longer than most drug-store products (especially on the face!)


But above all else, DON'T touch your face!!!! Not only are your hands contaminated 
with 7836742 germs & bacteria, which causes acne, but you're also wiping away your 
beautiful makeup.. so stop!


Love you guys! Stay flawless my friends!!




No comments:

Post a Comment