Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Katy Perry- Dark Horse Makeup


Hello loves--


Happy Hump Day!!

Okay... So this video came out maybe a week ago. If you haven't seen it, it is set in an ancient Egyptian theme and it is so fun! Click HERE to watch. I always get excited when there's a music video out I actually enjoy watching. Anyway, her makeup in the video is absolutely stunning! I couldn't wait to get home and recreate it. This obviously is not an everyday look like I usually do so I thought I'd change it up!


P.S.-- this is very a very very brief run through! I'll eventually post a video once I get the software figured out!



Prime eye lid as always. Taking a blueish grey shade (mine is from this ancient Bonnebell palette), brush under brow bone stopping at crease. Using Mary Kay "Peacock Blue" + Inika "eternal marine" (torquoise pigment) apply onto lid with MAC Fix+. Once pigment has dried add a matte black to the crease (I used Blackout from Naked2) and blend.

 Then, with a detailer brush, apply a gold glitter pigment to the corners of the eye, blending into the lid. For this I took a mix of Loreal Hip High Intensity Pigment in "Visionary" and "Utopia" from Makeup Geek. Wait for that to dry and apply a shimmery white (Milani "Lily White") around the outside of the gold pigment to highlight.

I then mixed "Lily White" with "Eye Dust" from Jessie's Girl (grey/silver pigment), applying with Fix+ underneath the eye. With Visionary, apply DRY to the outer corner of the eye (not the crease.. literally the corner). Just blend so there aren't any harsh lines.

Add an intense wing liner, tight line the eyes, and add liner to bottom lash line as well. Also, draw a line coming out from the tear duct, as well as the outer corner of the eye (make sure that line runs parallel with your wing).

I took "Midnight Cowboy," a glitter liner from Urban Decay and traced this along the lower lash line, and both the inner and outer corner where the gold pigment is.

Apply all other face makeup (foundation, brows, concealer, etc..) Katy has a very "bronzy" sunkissed glow in the video so after I contoured, I dusted a slightly shimmery bronzer all over the face ("Desert Sun" by Mary Kay).

I finally applied design to the lower lash line using Maybelline Line Stiletto liquid liner. Add mascara &  a rosey lipgloss (Mary Kay "Coral Rose"+ "Beach Bronze"). And Voila!, you now look like an Egyptian!

P.S.-- This is ended up being SOOO SOO much more shimmery, glittery, and beautiful in person! I wish you could see it :(

 

the end!

I love y'all !!!



14 comments:

  1. We love this Egyptian-esque look! You really nailed it! It looks so much like Katy's makeup in the video

    http://mkstyleramblings.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  2. you did an amazing job! your skin looks flawless! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nia! I use Makeup Forever HD foundation!! It does all the work :)

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you :) :) I love this look! Wish I could wear it every day hehe

      Delete
  4. great look!
    following you, too!
    happy weekend!

    http://www.getcarriedaway.net/

    ReplyDelete
  5. amazing job! love the make up ;)
    very nice blog by the way :)

    kisses from Russia,
    Juliet
    RUSSIAN DOLL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Juliet! I just followed you on friend connect! Your fashion blog is awesome :)

      Delete
  6. Wow, you did it great! ♥

    WIth love,
    Kati from http://pancakesandphotographs.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun dramatic look. You did a great job!

    Marie
    candidlymarie.com

    ReplyDelete